1. Basic visit to the garden
The history of the garden will be explained during the visit and the flowerbeds of the main plant families of particular interest (food, ornamental, medicinal, systematic…) and the thematic collections (the Apine pine grove, the South Africa greenhouse, the succulent plant greenhouse, the trees along the avenue, the aquatic plants in the ponds, the herbal and aromatic plants) will be presented.
It is also possible to have various visits on different themes during the year and personalize the visit according to the needs of the teacher. These should be arranged with the guide at the moment of making the reservation.
The itineraries will be differentiated according to the school levels as follows:
- Nursery school: the children will be made aware of the world of plants and their different structures through the five senses;
- Primary school: the visit will involve the observation and recognition of different species of flowers, leaves and fruit in order to point out the different morphological characteristics of the plant world;
- First level secondary school: the tour is aimed at the recognition of the main groups of plants present on the Earth, and the use of the binominal language is illustrated;
- Second level secondary school: the visit will analyze the steps that have characterized the evolution of flora on the Earth through observations of the characteristics of the main groups of plants (moss, fern, gymnosperm, angiosperm). The evolutionary convergence of different plant species (e.g. succulent plants) to the same environmental stress will be highlighted.
2. Visit to the Tree Grove
The principal arboreal models that are present will be described, with particular attention being paid to the lowland wood species and to the fruit-bearing cultivars from the Garnier-Valleti pome-fruit collection. It will also be possible to observe the beehives introduced recently into the tree Grove and, on request, to deal with the theme of bee societies in more depth.
3. Visit the Botanical Itinerary “100 plants useful to man”
Since May 2015 you can make the path of an hour on the “100 plants useful to man” in which will be described and observed some food plants, textile, dye, medicinal and perfume. Telephone bookings will be required to 3,389,581,569.